Jack Kirby does The Iliad? *Nerdgasms*
A xenium is a gift to a visitor or stranger. That's dead easy then. One table of aggressive hospitality, potlatching and Indian giving coming up.
They express joy at your safe arrival and present to you as a token of their abiding affection and respect a fine... (d4-12, depending on level of esteem and/or how outlandish you're willing to be).
- Rat or piece of mouldering food (no apparent value)
- Trinket, cheap or Pelt, common (~1gp value)
- Trinket, humble or Pelt, valuable (5gp value)
- Bauble, shiny or Pelt, exotic (10gp value)
- Enamelled weapon or fine quality tool (25gp value)
- Silver plate, glasswear, riding horse, fine costume (100gp value)
- Silver crater (250gp value)
- Gold plate (500gp value)
- Elaborate gift - warhorse horse, suit of plate armour, splendid costume (1000+gp value*)
- Kingly gift - string of fine horses, valuable slaves, gold and jewels, etc. (2000+gp value*)
- Appears to be (roll), is actually (re-roll).
- Is (re-roll) but has a catch.**
** Valuable, but has a catch:
- curséd (the accent makes is so much worse)
- culturally offensive to (roll or select faction/monster)
- lost, sought by (roll or select faction/monster)
- stolen, sought by (roll or select faction/monster)
- roll twice on this table
Jack Kirby Iliad from Cartoon SNAP blog