Thursday 21 April 2011

Smell Like an Elf? Srsly?

RPG-themed perfumes? Really?

My thoughts on this:
  1. In b4 WOTC lean on creator demanding their cut.
  2. I thought we'd plumbed the collective depths with the D&D sodas.
  3. Needs moar Old Spice parody:

“Hello, ladies. Look at your elf, now back to me. Now back at your elf, now back to me.
[...]
Anything is possible when your elf smells like Stygian Black Lotus and not a soft-handed gurlyman. I’m on a unicorn.”

Dammit capitalism! You used to be cool.

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, that's whatever. But busting out some stinky oil to create atmosphere in the game might be fun. "You enter the tomb and immediately notice this!" (Sprays essence of roadkill into the air above the table.) Oh yeah, you wouldn't forget that. At least not until you got home, showered, and did the laundry.

    Maybe it'd be better to just steal an aromatherapist's hoard and have the players take a small whiff once in a great while..

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! ;-) I'm so glad I found your blog! I'm stopping by from the A to Z challenge and I look forward to reading more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know about real life perfumes but it does create an interesting question. What do fantasy races smell like if they smell at all. It would be a fun switch if the bearded gruff dwarf stereotype wound up smelling like cinnamon.

    Lazarus Lupin
    http://strangespanner.blogspot.com/
    art and review

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ze bulette: Why that's just crazy enough to work. Or possibly ensure that I never see my gaming group ever again...

    @Sylvia: Thank you. I can promise the waffling will continue until the cease-and-desist orders come into force. ;)

    @Matt: You're a man with many surprising facets to your character. And that's all I'm saying about that.

    @Laz: Good question. But IIRC cinnamon is already taken, it's the smell of fear, evil and horrible death in the underworld.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...