Tuesday 14 April 2009

Ulysses 31: What Spelljammer Could Have Been...



That show had it all. Cool ships; Greek myth; the most dynamic images of space since Kirby; a hero with epic facial hair, a jetpack and a laser sword; sleeping hovering cursed crew; cute comic relief robots; blue space loli; nightmarish imagery and weird electro music; the titan Atlas as personification of binding force energy...

I wonder if there's a game system that could do the surreal mythic weirdness of it justice...? (and don't quote Risus at me, Risus can do anything)

Yep. We had the best nightmare fuel cartoons in the 80s.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, indeed. I loved Ulysses as a kid, and the having rewatched bits and pieces, I found it to still be good viewing. Spelljammer can still be like this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I loved that programme. And I agree that Spelljammer definitely has the potential...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...